Signs digitally files created with Macromedia Director 8 Shockwave Studio:
Show customers that your code and content is safe to download
Protect your brand and your reputation
Give customers the confidence to trust your code.
Symantec (VeriSign) Code Signing Certificates protect your customers, your brand, and your intellectual property by making your applications identifiable and harder to falsify or damage with a time-stamped digital signature certified by the most trusted security brand on the Internet.
- confirm the authenticity of the publisher
- guarantee the integrity of the content
- protect software against tampering
- secure distribution channel
- prevent alarms and warnings when downloading and installing software
- 1. Developer adds a digital signature to code or content, using the private key from the certificate.
- 2. When a user downloads or encounters a signed code, the user's system or application uses a public key to decrypt the signature.
- 3. The system is looking for a trusted root certificate to authenticate the signature.
- 4. The system compares the hash used to sign with the hash of the downloaded application.
- 5. If the hashes match, system continues downloading or executing.
- 6. If the root certificate is not trusted or hashes do not match, the system interrupts downloading and displays an error message.
For developers and software publishers who use Macromedia® Director® 8 Shockwave Studio, code signing reduces error messages and builds trust in your reputation. Symantec (VeriSign) Code Signing Certificates for Macromedia® Shockwave® authenticate your identity and validate code integrity.
- Digitally sign files created with Macromedia Director 8 Shockwave Studio.
- Show customers that your code and content is safe to download.
- Protect your brand and your reputation with a trusted digital signature.
Enrollment Requirements: Internet Explorer® 5.0 or greater, Netscape® 4.7 or greater, Firefox® any version, or Opera any version.